Saturday, March 29, 2008

Trying to tell my sister Happy Birthday!

Ok, so the other day my little sister wrote to let me know that I had forgotten to blog about how cool she is. So this one is for her.

My sister Farrah...for those that you don't know, her full name is Farrah Fawn! Anyway...Farrah is the youngest of us three girls. She is also the coolest. If you don't believe me just ask her. From the time she was a little girl she had her own sense of self. She had shoes that she called her Rock Bottom shoes (we had a thing for KISS), she had an invisible friend named Mikey who would spontaneously appear anywhere any of us happened to sit. This led to a lot of, "move, you are sitting on Mikey!" This Mikey character also had swimming pools that apparently could travel anywhere he did because often times when we moved we landed in his pool.

She eventually grew out of the Rock Bottom Mikey phase and we moved on to the New Kids on the Block...ok I couldn't help myself here, that is just too funny not to mention! HE HE HE
And it was during this time that making your own cassette tapes from songs on the radio was the thing to do! So she would do this...oftentimes to really good tapes that the rest of us had already made. That girl mastered the skill of putting scotch tape on the cassette to overwrite any tape there was! Which was cool...until it was your tape...and in the middle of your favorite song...which I think at the time was Girls Just want to Have Fun!!! And before Cindy's dad could even ask what you gonna do with your life...the words "Count Down AFARRAHCA" come blaring through...yep...nice!

Farrah has since grown out of her bad music taste...I will tell you that I haven't...I have to tell you that or she will.

Farrah, Kelley and I have all become great friends since those tense days of musical differences (Wait til Kelley's birthday and we talk about the Infection, I mean the Cure." And I know I speak for Kelley when I say...We Love you sister! Happy Birthday! Ok, I have to say it or she'll call me on it. You are my favorite. Kelley when you read this just know, I will say the same thing to you on your birthday and I expect you to all do the same for me!

Love ya!

2 comments:

Farrah said...

WOW!! I am the coolest! Count down AFarrahka was a stroke of genius!!Thank you for letting all know that I am amazing,creative,cool,awesome,beautiful,witty,genius..just to name a few things! Oh,Mikey and his pool thank you as well..get out of the frickin pool!Im so glad we have grown close and thank you both for giving me my amazing neices and nephews!! I did give them the cool gene after all!!

LOVE YA!!

Anonymous said...

I love this...I wish I could say things like this bout my sister and I, but yea, I am not into embarrassing myself to bad :) I know I am a little late but Happy Birthday to your sister. and let her know Mikey sound kewl too. Have a great night. TTYL!