Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Trying not to wax poetic...

I have to tell you that this was a bittersweet Easter. It was another Easter where we didn't have any family but the four of us in our little family. Since we are back to being the lone Kansas Loewens it is kind of a weird deal. We've had all kinds of Easters since we've been here, just us 4, us + Greg's parents, us + my sister, other Greg and the boys (yes its official I call my brother in law Greg, "Other Greg" and then back to just us 4 again. I have completely mixed emotions about this. I like when the 4 of us get time to be together, especially after Greg and I both have been traveling so much and having so many things that we "have" to do. It was kind of nice to run Easter at our own pace. But, as the girls were on their wild egg hunt...more on that later. I truly missed having someone else to take part in that fun with us. I missed the B.A.D. boys. I missed waiting on my sister and Other Greg...ha ha just kidding about the waiting on them...inside joke to my sistah. I missed my in-laws (which kind of makes me an outlaw) and my father in-law's great clues and breakfast that I didn't have to make but just show up for. I used to think that it was so much work to have family around to "deal" with, now I know what it means to say labor of love. Because isn't that what it all comes down to? That pure and basic love?

I love my girls more than I could ever aptly describe. They bring me joy. They give my life real meaning and to manipulate a bad line from a good movie, "They make me want to be a better person." Most of all they make me want to share every second of their life with the people that are important to me.

No comments: