Saturday, March 15, 2008

Trying to get over the guilt...

I woke up this morning to bright sunshine! I was so excited because everyday with sunshine is just a better day. Apparently I have Seasonal Affect disorder because sunshine has an effect on me. I decided to get my gear on and hit the pavement for a good run. I figured while I had bright sunshine I failed to bother to look outside and see what it looked like and then my daughter came in all excited because..."It snowed!! Mommy it snowed!" What a cruel trick! That meant a round of Fit TV and no pavement. Don't get me wrong I am by no means a fitness addict but yesterday I had time to run outside (no snow!) and it was so great. Time to myself, time in my own head continuing to figure out who I am and what I want to do with my life. The other bonus I have found since the fabulous MP3 players have hit the world is I can download audio books and "read" while I run. I always feel like I'm getting away with something when I do this but it does make exercise in general so much better.

One of the things that I really struggle with is finding time for myself. I work full time in a job that is more than full time (kind of like being a SAHM), have 2 girls that are in every sport imaginable, have had to start traveling and have a spouse who is having to travel for his job. This means that when I am home I just want to spend time with the girls and feel completely guilty doing the things for myself that I love to do (read, scrapbook, and though I don't like it I need it...workout) I know I am am not alone in this struggle and there are many of us that take on that guilty feeling when we actually indulge ourselves in "Me" time. But...I have also found that in order to be a good mom I have to take those moments; and although they may be few and far between, it really is important. I just have to learn not to give in to the guilt!

No comments: