Saturday, May 17, 2008

Trying to find my sanity...

So, as many of you know my husband was off to Vienna this week. Austria not Virginia...I have to say that because as I explained to someone that he was in Vienna, this person today said,"Virginia?" That would be a negatory, to steal a phrase from my absentee spouse. So while he is in Vienna (Austria) I had to deal with 2 kids+3 tournaments+1 birthday party+2 kids sleeping+11 games+2 pizzas+3 sunburns+and 1 major case of asthma and heat exhaustion=really busy days and a whole lot of fun. These girls played like rock stars. We still have 4 games to go but so far they have each scored goals, Abbey did her infamous flip throw in and Emily played so hard she nearly passed out. She was having a hard time breathing, collapsed and was turning blue in the last minute of play. Here's how that little time went...she hit the ground, and the ref blew the whistle, and I waited for a coach to run onto the field to bring her off. Alas the only one running onto the field was me and the 2 guys coaching looked at me like why in the hell aren't you running out there? It was kind of surreal to me and only because Greg will always run out there and bring the girl off of the field. So after I was calming her down and getting her squared away, parents from the other team came to our aid...or attempted to and several of them remarked on the fact that the coach didn't help and should have. However, Emily survived, she was pretty jazzed to let me know that she was the only one on her team that scored today and that she played the whole game and the coach never made her come off of the field!?! Keep in mind while she was playing I was at Abbey's game because I was responsible for signing the team in and ensuring parents were positive...which meant I had to keep myself in check! Which was easy today because our team shut everyone out. Not one goal scored against them! Woo Hoo! Had I been at Em's game I would have made sure that she had a little time to rest during the game so she wouldn't have been so worn out!

So we are now home, I have a messy house and I need to get some laundry done or girls won't have jersey's or soccer socks in the morning! yikes!

Weekends are supposed to be your time to rejuvenate and all that I feel like is crashing! I am exhausted! I just want to go to bed and sleep for a year...and I have to get up and repeat the whole deal tomorrow...and I'm not the one running up and down the field.

I have to say though that I wouldn't trade places with Greg for anything. I feel like a credit card commercial.

Entry Fees = 100.00
Snacks and gate fees = 30.00
Gas to get everywhere = 2000.00 (he he)
Getting to see my girls dominate on the field = Priceless!

This could also read what cost of finding my sanity = Priceless...and it will never happen...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This realy pissed me off. (Can you say pissed on the internet?) The ignorance of people will never cease to amaze me. Not to mention the laziness and the its-not-my-problem attitude. I swear I could write a book on this subject-- with tons of examples. In fact if I keep typing here my language is going to get much, much worse!! Not very christian of me, is it?!? Oh well- people just look and say she's a Butte girl. I wish I was there with you... as it is I'll just have to keep you all in my prayers. I am very glad your kids kicked a-- ah, played so well. Way to go!!! BTW- I hope Greg gets me a T-shirt, lol. Keep your chin up!!