Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Trying to give credit where credit is due...

I have to start this one out with an apology first...I am completely sorry to some amazing chicks that I left off of my last post. I have since come to my senses and need to acknowledge them and let them know that even though I was completely careless in leaving them off it is not because I don't think of them often and appreciate their friendship and sisterhood more than I can say so here is a tribute to them.

First off is my sister Mary. I would feel disingenuous to call her anything but sister. I love and value her deeply. We may have been raised by different parents but she is my sister through and through. We have supported each other through so many ups and downs in life that I truly can't remember a time in my life before we knew each other. Mary and I became friends in high school when we were strategically placed around the star football player in Chemistry class by the head football coach, aka Chem teacher. As we learned about covalent bonds we formed a few bonds of our own. When her brother, Greg, said he was going to ask me out she encouraged him with the following words, "she'd be a good sister in law!" Little did she know that she was sealing our fate as sisters. From there we've had many nights sitting at the bar acting as though we weren't drinking, days and nights discussing husbands, kids and life. I know and I hope she does too that when the chips are down we have each others' back. I appreciate her acceptance and love of me Forever and Always! Mary you are a true blessing and I love you dearly.

My friend Bev is the one chick I call sister soul. She gets me and loves me as me! She is Abbey's other mom and loves her and Em as much as I love Hailey and Britt. She has raised one daughter into adulthood to be a fun, kind spirit and Hailey is being raised to be as much of a gem as Britt and I couldn't ask for a better friend for Abbey.

If I could be 1/2 as good of a mom as Bev I will be doing well. She and I can go months without contact (which sucks!) but can feel as though we've been side by side day in and day out. She is a friend that is kind, and compassionate and will have your back no matter what. Bev, I love you more than my luggage!

Carin is another fantastic, amazing woman. She is one of my only friends that has my same political view so that alone puts her @ hero status. She is brilliant, kind, funny and a fantastic mom. I value her friendship more than I can ever say or repay! Carin is creative and more intelligent than I can describe (and I'm not just saying that because she mimics my political leanings!) She is another friend that I don't get a lot of time with these days, but we can fall in step as though we've been together day in and day out. She and her sisters have learned sisterhood well and I so love and appreciate her for it.

Jen is my other girlie that I don't get to see enough of and now that she is going to be moving I will probably see less of her which really makes me sad! I love this chick and I'm going to have to invent ways and things to do so that I maintain that touch point. She is one of the prettiest people I have ever met and I think this is made more so by the fact that she is extremely sweet and kind as well as incredibly intelligent. She is another friend that I can always count on and who always has my back. Not only is she a kick ass friend but she is a kick ass wife and mother and I learn something from her every year. I don't tell her enough how important she is to me so I hope she'll stop by the blog and see what I have to say! Jen you my friend are a truly class act and if you were a bombshell in a past life you would have been Audrey Hepburn because you have got it all going on and you are nice to boot, I can't tell you enough how much your kindness and friendship have meant and I only hope that no matter how far apart we may be geographically that we will maintain that friendship!

Mary Beth is the newest addition. You have quickly become my sounding board and I so appreciate you for it. You are one of the wittiest people I know and I so appreciate a quick witted friend. You are beautiful, inside and out and I am so glad that we are becoming friends and LYLAS! he he

Thank you to all of you for being my friend and putting up with me! YOU ROCK!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't got to lie to KICK IT!!!!I love you vey much